Sunday, March 6, 2011

Kitschy critters

I made these this morning, then promptly photographed them and listed them in the shop. I even wore one for a little bit... I couldn't help myself. They're too cute. I love the Victorian romance of the flowers and keys combined with the kitschy cuteness of the bizarre vintage German pendants. They were so much fun to make!

At first I thought the squirrels were my favorite, but then the bunnies appear to be totally in love and the little birds are basically the happiest creatures in all existence, so I guess I love them all equally, and will have to make myself replicas of these pieces.

 They remind me of something you'd see on a vintage cross stitched pillow from the 60s or 70s... thanks to the vastness of the internet, I found a picture that sort of shows what I mean:


Later this week I plan on listing some darling rose cabochon earrings, except that I want to keep all 20 pairs that I made this morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment