Friday, April 27, 2012

"It's not red, it's crimson glow."


Since getting my hair dyed bright red a couple weeks ago, I've been feeling a bit like Claire Danes' character, Angela Chase, from 'My So-Called Life,' especially if I wear anything plaid.

"Things were getting to me. Just how people are. How they always expect you to be a certain way...When Rayanne Graff told me my hair was holding me back, I had to listen, 'cause she wasn't just talking about my hair. She was talking about my life."

Also, I've been listening to Pandora Radio at work and 'Blister in the Sun' came on the other day.... couldn't help but think of this scene, which is probably one of my favorite scenes from that whole show...


So awkward, but so good. You really can't listen to that song and not want to do a silly dance, right? Right? (Right!) But, yeah. Red hair. Because I need to take myself both more and less seriously, depending on the subject. And it was time- I've been wanting red hair since the Fall issue of 'Lula' a couple years ago. I'm glad I did it, despite all the attention I've been getting. I don't know why it never crossed my mind that when you look like Ariel from "The Little Mermaid" or Jean Grey ( from X-Men) people will stare. I'm not used to being looked at. (This must be how Declan feels all the time, what with that handlebar mustache on his face! No wonder he spends so much time making sure it looks perfect!)

Love, Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment